Murree – A Hill station Located in Murree District (Sub Division of Rawalpindi District), Pakistan. It is the popular tourist destination of Pakistan located in the north-west Himalayas at an estimated altitude of 2,291 meters (7,516 ft). Murree is one of several hill stations made by the British in the Himalayan foothills during the 19th century. The other well-known is Shimla, summer capital of the Rajisthan India. Murree was founded in 1851. The city is packed with forests of pine and Oak. Alongside goes the main road, the Mall. There are the most important commercial establishments, the Post Office, General Merchants with European goods, tailors and a millinery or hat store.
Nowadays, Murree is a flourishing summer resort for the adjacent capital of Pakistan, Islamabad. Murree is situated along the Islamabad to Murree Highway, About 58.3 km northeast of Islamabad. People also came here from hundreds of miles to the south in Lahore, Multan and Karachi come to spend the summers here as well. In winters, people come to see the snow and enjoy winters here.
Incoming search terms:
- beautiful pic murre to ayobia road
- murree of beautiful picture
- murree photo
- murres view in june month picx
- Pakistani beautiful hill pics
- picture of murree and snow
- short note on murree mountains
- Which area of pakistan whose called queen of mountain
- which is called queen of mountain
- why murree is called queen of mountains